Saturday

Life Imitates the Onion

"Oh, my gosh, I am so starving. I swear, if I don't get something to eat in like two minutes, I am going to die. I cannot believe how completely famished I am. Why do we have to wait for Tyler to get home from soccer practice? I want to eat now. It's almost 6:15."
vs.
"My God, I am starving. If I do not find something to eat soon, I will surely die. Hunger consumes my life. My young body is hunched and weak, as if I were an old man. Some days, I pass the time by counting my bones."--Onion, Point Counterpoint: I Am So Starving vs. I Am So Starving, Dec. 16, 1998


"She hadn't eaten all day and was 'starving,' [Paris] Hilton explained. So the one-time pitchwoman for Carl's Jr. said she decided to visit a neighborhood In-N-Out burger stand. 'So maybe I was speeding a little bit and I got pulled over,' she said, denying that she was driving recklessly. 'I was just really hungry and I wanted to have an In-N-Out burger,' she said."--CNN, Sept. 8, 2006

1 comment:

Aubin said...

You introduced me to the Onion back in the LU days and what's hilarious is this one--I'm so starving--has been my favorite one. I love it